INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- We may collect certain information about you when you visit our website and when purchasing our courses and in our dealings with you. We will collect information about you when you register on unchainyourbrain.org, buy our courses, sign up to our newsletter, leave comments on the site, and if you email
- For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information us or write to us.
- We do take privacy and security of customer information seriously.
- We collect this information to help you provide you with a good service.
- With the information we collect about you, we will:
- Store and use it to provide you with any services which you order from us and maintain evidence of your being a subscriber to our services.
- Look to develop the services we offer by analysing your information including information related to your usage of our website or any other interaction with us
- As someone who has registered with us, either contractually (as a customer) or as somebody who has demonstrated clear interest in our products (subscribed to our newsletter), we will send you information and updates about our courses and news.
HOW WE PROTECT YOU INFORMATION & DATA
This site uses third party platforms for payments and all personal data is stored on their secure servers. Personal information that you provide on registration is securely stored on a wordpress platform.
HOW LONG DOES INFORMATION & DATA REMAIN STORED
We keep and use your information and data under contract for as long as you choose to maintain your account once opened.
HOW WE STORE YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS
All card payments on this site go through a third-party PCI compliant Payment Processor to arrange your payments for our courses. Therefore, we don’t collect or hold any payment records/details.
- We do not sell your information on to third parties. We will not share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we do not pass on your details to other websites.
- Your privacy is important to us and so we will do our utmost to ensure that your data cannot be accessed by any unauthorised person or business.
- We may pass on your personal information if we have a legal obligation to do so.
- Apart from Lequin Ltd and the partners / processors (this includes vendors that help us provide our services to you like payment providers that process your credit, email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you) that we use to carry out work for us, we don’t share any data with unrelated parties.
Most of your data is held in your account on our user account. You can securely access it there. Keep it up to date amend it or add to it as you wish – please note that the username cannot be updated. Your data is held there under contract until you close your account with us at which point, access to your courses will be disabled and your data will be deleted.
REQUESTING INFO WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
- We conform to the latest data regulations for May 2018 and in addition we conform to best practice by enabling your rights to access your data via your account where available.
- We also conform to GDPR 2018 so you have rights to access any personal information that we may hold about you. This could be in addition to what you can freely access from the portal and may include for example, information relating to affiliate programme activity if applicable.
- You can request details of all the personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Legislation. You are also entitled to request that any data that we hold on you is destroyed or erased, and we shall comply with that request within 28 days of receipt of that request.
LAWFUL BASIS FOR ‘PROCESSING YOUR DATA’
We process personal information/data on the following bases:
- Enquirers and subscribers who have not purchased and so not opened an account are processed under the Privacy and electronic communication regulations for ‘soft opt-in’ rules.
- Customers are processed on a contractual basis as they have perpetual licences to access and use their training courses within the ‘user areal’.
- More recent subscribers will have been also offered the opportunity to consent to their data being processed and to receive marketing material.
- Any customer or subscriber can exclude themselves from receiving marketing material by simply unsubscribing.
PERSONAL DATA FOR INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS
We are based in the UK and we comply with all local privacy regulations – we cannot legislate for any regulations or laws that may apply differently in other countries. Submitting your personal data is done so strictly on that basis and the data of any foreign nationals that we may hold as a result is the responsibility of the person who submits it. If you would like us to remove any data please contact us.
MARKETING TO CHILDREN
Our courses are designed for adult education only.
USE OF ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
We try to use the most popular and convenient forms of electronic communication. This could include email or sms or for example, new and emerging forms of communication such as Facebook messenger. Where we ask for consent to receive communications we are doing this in general to cover all forms of electronic communication. If you wish to be excluded from any simply use the unsubscribe link.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information such as your name and email address for newsletters, we will continue to keep this information but you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Unchainyourbrain.org is owned by Lequin Ltd, which is a limited company registered in England and Wales (Company Number 4693595), registered address 15 New King Street, Bath BA1 2BL. Any queries relating to this Policy should be directed to the Company Director, Peter Willis at email@example.com or at the registered company postal address above.
2. Cookies policy
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies…
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
As we sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
The Google AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you.
In some cases, we may provide you with custom content based on what you tell us about yourself either directly or indirectly by linking a social media account. These types of cookies simply allow us to provide you with content that we feel may be of interest to you.
Several partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately and where applicable allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy po
This site uses Google Analytics. This is widely used to help websites understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things – such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit.
Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.